- Integrated care systems
- Primary/Community Services
- Commissioning and contracting
- Leadership and engagement
- Policy and guidance
- Dental reform programme
Commissioning and compliance: GP consortia and the competition rules
In summer 2010 the government announced in the health white paper (Equity and Excellence – Liberating the NHS) that commissioning would be devolved to GP consortia, and that Monitor would become an economic regulator for the healthcare sector. The Health and Social Care Bill 2011 has given us the draft detail for both reforms.
This Q&A considers the application of the competition rules to GP commissioning, in the light of the Health and Social Care Bill.
Sign up to receive regular news.
- Better commissioning through effective procurement event presentations
- Baseline spending estimates for new NHS and public health commissioning
- Cooperation, collaboration and competition in the NHS
- Procurement in practice: the implications for the new regulations event presentations
- Managing commissioning risk event presentations