Developing your professional career
Are you managing your professional career? Most professionals ensure that they update their professional knowledge, but are you gathering the right experience and developing in the direction you want?
This e-learning course will enable you to take responsibility for your career. You will think through what makes you marketable right now and how you could develop your future career path. It also explores some specific career challenges affecting those taking career breaks, developing global careers and some particular issues affecting women.
This course enables you to:
- Actively manage your career
- Assess your skills and experience
- Be prepared for career opportunities when they arise
- Manage a career break
- Develop your professional reputation
- Build your confidence
The role of career management
- Why do I need to manage my career?
- What are the key ideas in career management?
- How can I begin to actively manage my career?
Where are you now?
- Why should I review my career?
- What are my limitations?
- What do I have in my resource toolkit?
- How do values influence choices?
- What motivates you?
What is your next move?
- What is a career ladder?
- Who is involved in the selection process?
- What should I know about applications?
- How should I prepare for interviews?
- What are assessment exercises?
- How do I create great presentations?
- What do I need to know about informal events?
Managing career issues
- Why is confidence important in managing my career?
- What do I do when things aren’t working out for me at work?
- How can I develop a global career?
- How do I manage extended breaks from work?
- How can I develop a positive professional reputation?