Managing from within the team
Most managers are members of the team they manage. This creates tension between the need to complete your own work and the need to manage the rest of the team.
This course helps managers to balance these two roles, manage their team’s workload and delegate effectively. It takes you through how to successfully communicate at different levels within your organisation as well as how to avoid or manage conflict within your team.
This course enables you to:
- Get the balance right between doing and managing
- Manage time well and delegate effectively
- Be conscious of responsibility as role model to the team and what it involves
- See how behaviour can shape the behaviour of others
- Know when and how to offer help to team members
- Provide help to team members without taking over
This course is designed to appeal to people working at all levels, whether they manage others or wish to develop management skills as part of their personal and professional development.
Those who are new to management or preparing to take on a management role will find that this course provides invaluable guidance on how to approach the role of manager within a team.
More experienced managers will value the opportunity to spend time brushing up on their skills and refreshing their approach to management.
Balancing personal workload
- How do I balance my own work with the needs of the team?
- How should I delegate
- How do I balance my team’s workload
- How do I make sure I am effective?
- How should I manage my time?
Being a role model
- What is a role model?
- How can I be a role model?
- How should my team view me?
- How should I behave?
- How can I communicate?
- How do I help when I have been asked?
- How do I help when I have not been asked?
- How do I help members of the team without taking over?
- What skills do I need to provide help
- How should I deal with conflict within the team
Course participant comments
“I found this course useful because it helped clarify “the distinction between when people ask for help and when they don’t ask for help and how to deal with both scenarios.””
“Gave a good understanding of how to help and train people in the organisation and develop their confidence”