Negotiation skills: the principles
This course will help you to learn some practical negotiation techniques and strategies, and to plan your negotiations to give you the greatest chance of success. Covering the principles, the preparation and the practice of negotiating skills the course combines theory with practical activities and scenarios, that will help you put what you learn into practice.
This course enables you to:
- Explore situations and find solutions that are acceptable to both parties
- Plan all your negotiations effectively
- Use constraints and variables to reach an acceptable conclusion for both parties
- Identify your own negotiation style to help you improve
- Handle the difficult situations and difficult people you will encounter when negotiating
- Understand and avoid some of the common traps you might come across in your negotiations
- Understand how to prepare in a way that will ensure the best result for you
- Learn when not to negotiate and say no!
- What is the aim of negotiation?
- What is the context of the negotiation?
- What is win win?
- How do people negotiate?
- What makes a good negotiator?
- What are the key skills involved in negotiating?
- What is the process of negotiation?
- Why is planning important?
- What practicalities do I need to consider?
- What tools are there to help me plan?
- How should I behave during a negotiation?
- How do I trade concessions?
- How do I use the key skills in a negotiation?
- How do we come to an agreement?
- What should I do once I have come to an agreement?