Leaders today operate in a dynamic environment. Technological advancements and increased competition from globalisation have changed forever the way we work in organisations. In this new world of projects and teams, the top-down, command-and-control leadership approach is no longer effective; to be a successful leader you need a new set of skills and techniques.
Network leadership is not just a new way to lead, but also a new way of thinking. It is non-linear, dynamic, and very much relationship-based. It is a leadership style that shows you how you can improve others’ performance and bring together other people’s contributions to the benefit of your organisation. This e-learning course helps you and your organisation adapt and make the most of this new approach.
This course enables you to:
- Understand why network leadership matters
- Recognise how traditional leadership and network leadership styles complement each other
- Take practical steps to build different types of networking relationship
- Consider the network management as a leadership style
- Understand the qualities required by a network manager
- Be aware how these qualities are played out in everyday work situations
What is network leadership?
- How do we define traditional leadership?
- How do we define network leadership?
- What is the new work environment?
- Why is network leadership important?
- What are the benefits of network leadership?
Being a networker
- How do we define networking?
- What types of networking relationships are there?
- What are the benefits of networking?
- What is the right networking mind set?
- What are the tips for formal networking?
- What are the tips for informal networking?
Being a network manager
- How do we define a network manager?
- What are the qualities of a network manager?
- How do you provide clarity?
- How do you engage?
- How do you empower?
- How do you encourage creativity?
- How do you network?