Professionals in all walks of life sometimes struggle to get their issues heard at the strategic level. This e-learning course has been designed for professionals who want to develop their strategic thinking skills and influence the strategic direction of their organisation.
Illustrated throughout with real life activities and scenarios, this course will show you why strategy is important to all professionals, and offer tips to help you to think strategically within your organisation.
This course enables you to:
- Deal with uncertainty
- Question the status quo
- Use a combination of creative and analytical skills
This course is suitable for professionals in all areas who wish to contribute and influence the strategic direction of their organisation.
Strategy and you
- What is strategy?
- Why is strategy important?
- How is strategy different from planning?
- What is strategic thinking?
- Who needs to think strategically?
- How will thinking strategically improve my performance?
- When should I think strategically?
- Can thinking strategically be a bad thing?
- How is thinking strategically different to what I do the rest of the time?
- What skills do I need to be able to think strategically?
- What is creative thinking?
- How do I research and analyse information?
- How do I make decisions?
- How do I communicate strategy?
- How do I handle uncertainty and change?
- Where can I find inspiration?
Theory and process
- What is the right way to do strategy?
- What strategic theory should I be aware of?
- What processes do organisations typically go through to develop strategy?
- What processes do organisations typically go through to implement strategy?
- How do I keep up with new developments?
Tools and techniques
- Why should I use strategic tools?
- How do I create a SWOT analysis?
- What internal factors should I consider?
- What external factors should I consider?
- How do I plan for the future?
- How can I measure success?
- What other tools might I need to know about?
Making it happen
- How does theory work in practice?
- How do I fit into the strategic process?
- How can I contribute to my organisation’s strategy?
- What makes a good strategy work?
- How do I monitor and evaluate what I’ve been doing?
- What other factors do I need to take into account?
- What do I do if I don’t agree with the strategy?
- When should strategy change?
Course participant comments
“It challenged me as a business person to think differently”
“This course increased my awareness about the importance of strategic planning”