Innovation is all about generating and implementing new ideas and breaking the mould to deliver success. This course shows you why innovation is important, how to create and select great ideas and how to realise them in your own organisation.
You will appreciate how creativity can grow from crisis, consider alternative business models and try out some practical tools for idea generation and risk management. The innovation e-learning course will teach you how to contribute effective new ideas to a range of situations within your organisation.
This course enables you to:
- Think about what innovation is and why it is important
- Identify different types of innovation
- Encourage innovation within your company
- Discover how to evaluate and select appropriate ideas
- Develop ideas into projects that work
- Find ways to assess and manage risk
- Convert ideas into results
This course is suitable for professionals seeking to inspire and encourage innovation in the workplace. It might be of particular interest to those involved in service transformation, new care models and change management.
Innovation and you
- What is innovation?
- Why is innovation important?
- What types of innovation are there?
- What are the main types of innovation?
- What are the main sources of innovation?
- How is innovation different from what I do every day?
- What skills do I need to become an innovator?
- When should I think innovatively?
- Where does innovation fit within my organisation?
Context and theory
- Why does innovation matter to the outside world?
- What theory should I be aware of?
- Why doesn’t everyone innovate?
- How do organisations encourage innovation?
- How do organisations deal with the financial challenges of innovation?
- What external incentives are available for innovative business projects?
Ideas and opportunities
- How do I generate ideas and opportunities?
- What tools can I use?
- Where can I find inspiration?
- How do I run a brainstorming session?
- How do I evaluate and select appropriate ideas?
- How should I talk about my ideas?
- How do I convert ideas into results?
- What makes a great idea work in practice?
- What do I do if my idea doesn’t fit into my organisation’s business model?
- What other business models are there?
- How should I manage an innovative project?
- How do I monitor and evaluate an innovative project?
- When should I change or cancel an innovative project?
Managing change and risk
- How do people respond to change?
- What approaches can I use to manage change?
- How do I avoid risk?
- How can I assess the risk of an innovative project?
- What is an acceptable level of risk?
- What do I do if no-one wants to take the risk?
£75 - 4 hours CPD
To purchase this course
Please register to the website at www.pcc-cic.org.uk, Scroll to the bottom of this page and click ‘Buy’. You will be directed to our payment gateway (Worldpay) and you will be asked to enter your card details. Once we have received payment for the course, we will send you your log in details and access key code.
If you require an invoice, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
PCC subscribers can access e-learning as part of their support package. Please ask your PCC adviser for details. If you require any more details about this course, please contact email@example.com