- 2016/17 work programme
- Outcomes based commissioning
- Regional events
- New models of care
- Local advisers, national network
- Working with patients and communities
- Personal and team development
- Contract review
- Managed solutions for local practices
- Support for PMS reviews
- Hands-on support to develop federations
- Working with GP practices to review demand and capacity
- Reviews of locally commissioned services
- Reviewing and developing equality impact assessment processes
- APMS procurements
- Practice resilience
- Developing collaborative working
Managed solutions for local practices
Following poor CQC ratings and other symptoms of distress, PCC can support struggling practices to get back on track, starting with a diagnostic review to identify where things may be going wrong and the potential steps to recovery. We work with the practice team to understand the contractual situation, finances, income prospects, clinical issues, premises, staffing and workload, as well as the other factors that might be affecting performance.
Practices benefit from expert advice and support from a neutral party with a wealth of experience of working with primary care organisations across the country. Local commissioners benefit by freeing up resources and by preventing distracting, costly and unproductive situations that get in the way of primary care development.
Contact email@example.com for more information about our practice diagnostic and managed solutions service, and for information about other areas of project support.