Managing risk in social media
Social media is a powerful marketing tool for organisations but it is not without risk. These risks can have a major impact on you, your career and your organisation. And they can happen whether or not you are using social media.
Managing risk in social media helps you analyse and prepare your organisation for the problems that may occur when using social media. It helps you understand how to handle internal social accounts and deal with external social media activity which your organisation may become involved in.
This course will not only help you to understand, identify and manage risks, but will also guide you in preparing to protect your organisation from damage that may be caused.
This course enables you to:
- Identify social media risks and assess their potential effects
- Understand both external and internal risks of social media
- Know where to look for social media risks within your organisation
- Learn the legal and reputational risks from social media
- Audit risks for your organisation and prepare for a crisis
This course is designed for managers and professionals who wish to understand how to manage the strategic, reputational and operational risks associated with social media. It is useful for managers of all departments, as well as those involved directly with communications and marketing.
Social media risk
- What is risk in social media?
- Why is social media a problem?
- What different types of risk are there?
- Where can you find risk within an organisation?
- What is social listening?
- Why consider the process risks?
- What strategic risks should I be aware of?
- What are the IT risks from social media?
- What are the HR risks from social media?
- What compliance risks are found in social media?
Asset and value risk
- Why are asset risks important?
- How can social media damage an organisation’s finances?
- What are the legal risks from social media?
- Is social media a wasted investment?
- What are the intellectual property risks?
- Why is corporate reputation so important?
- Protecting reputations online
- Avoiding social media campaign disasters
- Managing customer comments in social media
- External websites
Managing and mitigating risks
- Auditing risks
- Preparing for a crisis
- Spotting a crisis
- What to do in a crisis
- Learning from a crisis
£75 - 4 hours CPD
To purchase this course
Please register to the website at https://www.pcc-cic.org.uk/user/register, Scroll to the bottom of this page and click ‘Buy’. You will be directed to our payment gateway (Worldpay) and you will be asked to enter your card details. Once we have received payment for the course, we will send you your log in details and access key code.
If you require an invoice, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
PCC subscribers can access e-learning as part of their support package. Please ask your PCC adviser for details. If you require any more details about this course, please contact email@example.com