Terms and conditions
Primary Care Commissioning CIC (PCC) owns the website www.pcc-cic.org.uk (“the website”). You may access and use this website if you agree to be legally bound by the terms set out below. If you do not agree to be legally bound by those terms please do not access and/or use www.pcc-cic.org.uk.
Changes to terms
We may make changes to the website, including these terms, at any time. You will be legally bound by the updated or amended terms from the first time that you use the website after we put the changes online.
Intellectual property rights
For non-commercial use, including personal use, or for use by a registered charity, a not for-profit organisation or a public sector body, you may copy, download, adapt or print off copies of the materials, information, data and other content included on the website. You will need to obtain permission in writing from us before you make any other use of original PCC or third party content on the website. The rights in images, trademarks, trade names, logos included on the website are owned by us and/or third parties. You will need to obtain permission in writing from the owner before you may use these images, trademarks, trade names, logos in any way.
If you are a medical or health professional then you are encouraged to use the website for general information purposes. However, you should not rely on material included on the website and we do not accept any responsibility if you do.
Third party websites
We do not monitor the content of third party websites. Any link provided on the website is solely for your convenience. We do not accept any responsibility for any third party website.
We exclude any liability to you should the website not be available at any particular time. We do not accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss or damage (which you may suffer as a result of your use of the website) whether the losses were foreseen, foreseeable, unforeseen, unforeseeable, known, unknown or otherwise:
- Loss which arose when you first accessed or registered to use the website (even if that loss results from the our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence);
- Any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, loss of profits or loss of anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of our default);
- Loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence or breach of statutory duty;
- Any loss suffered due to the default of any party other than us.
We do not warrant that the website or any content will be available uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or its supporting systems are free of viruses or bugs. We do not accept any liability to you if we fail, or are interrupted or delayed in the performance of any obligation because of:
- The non-availability or failure of any telecommunications or computer services, systems, equipment or software operated or provided by you or any third party;
- Any other event not reasonably within our control.
We do not give any commitments or accept any liability to you in respect of the website content provided by other users of the website or third parties.
You will need to register to receive our email newsletters at https://www.pcc-cic.org.uk/article/newsletters. We have provided a double opt-in form to obtain your consent. Your details will be collated and stored on Campaign Monitor, our email marketing provider.
We will not share your details with any third party except for the purposes described above.
You can change your newsletter preferences at any time and unsubscribe if you wish too. “Unsubscribe” and “preferences” options are clearly displayed in the footer of each newsletter.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then the remaining terms shall remain in full force and effect. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England.
The website is committed to the highest editorial and ethical standards in the provision of all its content and related services. This includes providing objective and trustworthy information and guidance on all aspects of primary care services. In all instances, we strive to ensure that content is evidence-based and founded on the best knowledge currently available. The following sections set out our editorial principles.
Accuracy: the website content will be accurate, balanced and transparent. Information given will be based on the best available data sources. Where content contains conjecture or opinion, this will be clearly indicated.
• Impartiality and diversity of opinion: the website will be objective, impartial and even-handed. Where views differ and no consensus can be found it will reflect all significant strands of opinion and state the uncertainty clearly.
• Accountability: the website is accountable to its users and will deal fairly with them. It will be open in admitting mistakes and encourages a culture of learning via user feedback. Its editorial processes will be transparent.
• Taste and decency: All content on the website will be suitable for a general audience and will not include material that might reasonably be deemed offensive. Where content includes explicit sexual information it will be clearly flagged.
• Privacy: the website views its users’ privacy as paramount and, barring legal order, will not divulge any correspondence or personal information it may hold about them without their prior and explicit permission.
Links from this website
On the website you’ll find links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are not endorsements or recommendations. We have no control over the contents of third party websites, and the website accepts no responsibility for them, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
If you wish to put a logo link to the website on your website or in other communications, you can use the following graphic as a visual link: https://www.pcc-cic.org.uk/PCC-logo-RGB.png
Should you have any further questions about this linking policy, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.